Meta Tags, commas, and IGNORELASTCHAR

From: John Coleman <john.coleman(at)not-real.yale.edu>
Date: Sat Sep 20 1997 - 11:32:28 GMT
I'm wondering if the IGNORELASTCHAR should apply to Meta tag searches?

I get inconsistent results if commas are used to seperate meta names.

A search for "animals" as a meta word does not return a page with
"animals," in the meta tag. Vice-versa is also true

http://www.library.yale.edu/~coleman/swish/searchtemplate.htm

Also, on the page with commas, the other 2 meta tags cannot be searched at
all:
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>THIS IS A META TAG TEST WITH COMMAS IN THE META
TAG</TITLE>
<META NAME="DC.subject" CONTENT="mickey mouse"> <META NAME="keywords"
CONTENT="fishing, yale, animals,">

Is the answer to leave out the commas?  Convention seems to be to put them
in, or am I missing something?

John Coleman
Yale University Library Systems
203-432-1847