Re: [SWISH-E:11] AutoSwish tweaking

From: Roy Tennant <rtennant(at)not-real.library.berkeley.EDU>
Date: Wed Aug 20 1997 - 14:35:31 GMT
Thanks, Jerry, for catching the HTML error. I had also stumbled across it
today. I also want to change it so the TDs and TRs are closed (is my HTML
obsessiveness showing?).

We will look into the problem you describe that may relate to a choice of
not indexing META tags.

I also came across a problem yesterday that will be of concern to anyone
considering the use of Dublin Core elements in META tags. The current
specification for embedding DC elements in HTML call for a syntax like this:

<META NAME="DC.title" CONTENT="Title Here">

Unfortunately, the use of a period in the NAME attribute breaks
AutoSwish. I am trying to determine an appropriate fix to this now, and
if we can land on a good solution for AutoSwish we will be posting a new
release. If I (or Kirk) can't come up with a good solution soon we will
post a new AutoSwish version that will at least fix the HTML
problem. Thanks for reporting these problems,
Roy